Vi använder cookies på På använder vi cookies för att ge dig som användare en bra upplevelse och för att insamla statistik i syfte att förbättra användarupplevelsen på hemsidan. Om du klickar dig vidare på sidan accepterar du samtidigt vår cookie- och integritetspolicy.

Läs mer

Tax in Denmark - tips if you recently got a job

When you begin working in Denmark, you will come into contact with the Danish tax office, Skattestyrelsen. You will get a Danish personal ID number called a "CPR-nummer" , and a "forskudsopgørelse".
OPS (1) 


This information is for EU citizens only.

In Denmark tax is divided into municipal income tax and state income tax. Anyone who is taxable also has the right to different forms of tax deductions. The deductions you are entitled to depends on which form of tax liability you have in Denmark.

Skattestyrelsen in Denmark

If you are working in Denmark, you pay taxes in Denmark too under the Danish tax office, called Skattestyrelsen. You can contact them if you have any questions about tax and you also send your Danish tax declaration, or "oplysningsskema" as it is called, to the tax office when the time comes. You should also contact Skattestyrelsen if and when you stop working in Denmark, so that they have the correct information about you in their records. Contact with Skattestyrelsen is primarily digitally, through their website or by phone. If you want to visit Skattestyrelsen, you must book a time by telephone on +45-72 22 18 18.

Getting a CPR-nummer - a Danish personal ID number

Everyone who lives or works in Denmark should have a personal ID number. In Denmark this is called a CPR-nummer and it is given to all Danish citizens at birth or when an immigrant or commuter is registered in the Danish population register. The personal ID number is valid for life. Read more about how to get a CPR number in our article

Forskudsopgørelsen - a preliminary income assessment in Denmark

In addition to getting a personal ID number, you should also get a preliminary income assessment (forskudsopgørelse), so that your employer can deduct the correct tax rate from your salary. A forskudsopgørelse is an overview of the information on the income and deduction, which Skattestyrelsen estimates for you in the coming year. If the information in the forskudsopgørelsen is incorrect or something is missing, you must correct it yourself. Otherwise you run the risk of having to pay back taxes or of paying too much tax to begin with.


If the employer has no basis from which to calculate your tax, they are obliged to deduct 8 percent for AM-bidrag and 55% in tax. Your forskudsopgørelse is done electronically and can then be found once your digital tax information is available on Skattestyrelsen's website. When you need a forskudsopgørelse as a commuter for the first time, you should contact Skattestyrelsen for help. After this, when you need to change something in your forskudsopgørelse, you can do it yourself via Skattestyrelsen's electronic service TastSelv.

TastSelv - electric payment system

Everyone who starts working in Denmark for the first time needs to get to know Skattestyrelsen's electronic payment system TastSelv. To access TastSelv you need a NemID. Please note that this should be a NemID, which is also valid for public authorities and not just at your bank. You can also order a so-called TastSelv code on Skattetyrelsen's website. You can use TastSelv to make changes to your forskudsopgørelse and submit your Danish declaration when it is time. You can find more information on how to do this in the article "Declaring tax in Denmark."