Guide to Danish and Swedish authorities

Last updated 2/27/2024
A brief introduction to the authorities and websites that you might need to contact if you commute between Sweden and Denmark for work.

Danish authorities and websites

Jobcenter - The Danish Public Employment Service

As a jobb seeker in Denmark, you will primarily come into contact with a job center and The job center can help you upgrade your skills, expand your network and improve your applications and CV. If you receive cash benefits or unemployment benefits you must register as a job seeker with the job center. At you can apply for jobs, upload your CV and find good advice on job search in Denmark.


More information at

Udbetalning Danmark

Udbetaling Danmark is the Danish authority responsible for decision-making and payment of several different benefits, such as child allowance, parental allowance and national pension. The agency’s area of activity is similar in some respects to the Swedish Social Insurance Agency’s, mainly in the family area.


More information about Udbetaling Danmark at

Life in Denmark - Borger is the English content of that presents public information and self-service. contains articles that are relevant for you if you are going to Denmark to work.


More information at

New to Denmark is the Danish Immigration Service and the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration’s official web portal about the rules for entering and residing in Denmark.


More information at

Skattestyrelsen – the Danish Tax Agency

At Skattestyrelsen’s website, you can find information about tax rules, fees and duties and also get access to various services such as self-declaration (årsopgørelse), tax calculation and reporting of tax.


More information at

Swedish authorities and websites

Arbetsförmedlingen – the Swedish Public Employment Service

If you live in Sweden and become unemployed, you should register at Arbetsförmedlingen on your first day as. You can visit Arbetsförmedlingen’s website and it´s job bank “Platsbanken” where you can find thousands of vacancies.




Search for job vacancies in Sweden at Platsbanken

Försäkringskassan - Swedish Social Insurance Agency

Försäkringskassan administers social insurance in Sweden. If you are socially insured in Sweden you can apply for child allowance, housing allowance, sickness benefit and parental benefit etcetera.


More information at

Skatteverket – the Swedish Tax Agency

The Swedish Tax Agency manages civil registration of private individuals and collects taxes such as personal income tax, corporate tax, VAT and excise tax. The Swedish Tax Agency receives and examines the Swedish income tax return. They also issue ID cards to people who are registered in Sweden.



Pensionsmyndigheten - the Swedish Pensions Agency

The Swedish Pensions Agency is responsible for and pays your Swedish public pension. They can inform and answer questions about how the pension system works and what applies to you. They cooperate with other European pension authorities to pay earned pension in Sweden, to persons living abroad.


More information at

Migrationsverket - the Swedish Migration Agency

In Sweden, the Migration Agency is the authority that considers applications from people who want to take up permanent residence in Sweden, work, seek protection from persecution or become Swedish citizens.


More information at

Did you find this information relevant?

Do you want to elaborate?

Thanks for your reply.

Supported by