Vi använder cookies på På använder vi cookies för att ge dig som användare en bra upplevelse och för att insamla statistik i syfte att förbättra användarupplevelsen på hemsidan. Om du klickar dig vidare på sidan accepterar du samtidigt vår cookie- och integritetspolicy.

Läs mer

Danish health insurance

Public health insurance in Denmark means that you are entitled to get medical treatment at the doctor and at the hospital for free. Commuters, who live in Sweden and work in Denmark, are entitled to healthcare in both countries.

Social insurance if you work in Denmark

Being affiliated with the social insurance system of a country means that you are eligible for benefits such as parental allowance, sickness benefit and other benefits in that country. If you work full-time in Denmark and live ...

The right to healthcare when you work in Denmark

Denmark has public healthcare, which means that you are entitled to be treated by a doctor or in a hospital. If you live in Sweden and work in Denmark, you can choose the country in which you wish to be treated.

Social insurance when working in both Denmark and Sweden

A person is only entitled to social security in one country. According to the general rule, this is in the country where you physically perform your work. If you have a job in both Denmark and Sweden at the same time, your soci...

Visiting a dentist in Denmark

In Denmark, there is free dental care for everyone under the age of 18. Those who live in Sweden and work in Denmark can also continue to visit a Swedish dentist. You should then request a certificate from Försäkringskassan.

If you get sick in Denmark

In an emergency – call 112. Otherwise you must contact the emergency medical service (“lægevagten”) before going to the hospital. There is no equivalent to the Swedish health centre (“vårdcentral”) – instead you must choose you...

Danish income tax - a short introduction

You pay tax in Denmark if you work there, regardless of whether you live in Denmark or Sweden. Taxation therefore takes place in your country of employment. Danish income tax consists of municipal tax, AM-bidrag and state tax.

Tax in Denmark - tips if you recently got a job

When you begin working in Denmark, you will come into contact with the Danish tax office, Skattestyrelsen. You will get a Danish personal ID number called a "CPR-nummer" , and a "forskudsopgørelse".

Declaring tax in Denmark

If you work and pay tax in Denmark, you must also declare tax there. You can do this easily online on the website for the Danish Skattestyrelsen with a NemID or your CPR-number and a TastSelv-kode.

Deductions - limited tax liability

If you live in Sweden and work in Denmark, you automatically have limited tax liability in Denmark. The deductions you are able to make as someone with a limited tax liability are somewhat different to the deductions permitted ...