Vi använder cookies på På använder vi cookies för att ge dig som användare en bra upplevelse och för att insamla statistik i syfte att förbättra användarupplevelsen på hemsidan. Om du klickar dig vidare på sidan accepterar du samtidigt vår cookie- och integritetspolicy.

Läs mer

Pension payment when working in Denmark

You apply for your pension in the country of your residence, for both the pension earned in Denmark and Sweden. The exception is if you have only worked in one of the countries. In that case, you must apply for your pension in the country where you received your income.
OPS (1) 


This information is for EU citizens only.

Inform the Pensionsmyndigheten 

If you live in Sweden, you should inform Pensionsmyndigheten (the Swedish Pensions Agency) that you have earned state pension in Denmark. Pensionsmyndigheten then contacts Udbetaling Danmark who is responsible for payment to those who live in Sweden.

Taxation of pension

As a starting point, pension is taxed in the country that pays it, but certain taxes can also occur in the country of residence. In that case, the tax, which has already been paid in the "payer country", is deducted. Please contact Skatteverket (The Swedish Tax Agency) in Sweden to get more information on taxation in your situation.